Important Request of Industry Partners: We strongly encourage our local destination marketing organization partners to work with their membership right now to begin tracking cancellation data and other similar data that tells the story of the economic harm our industry is currently experiencing. Gathering this data now is important and may help us speed up our recovery. Additionally, please participate in the Department of Economic Opportunity business damage assessment survey.
For information for travelers, click here.
For currently reported COVID-19 cases in Florida, click here.
VISIT FLORIDA Updates
- Welcome Centers are closed until further notice and are not accepting brochure shipments.
- VISIT FLORIDA co-ops and media have been paused
- VISIT FLORIDA press trips and events have been paused
- VISIT FLORIDA team members are being encouraged to telework
- The VISIT FLORIDA Marketing team is currently working on a responsible recovery plan to get back in market very soon to keep Florida top of mind. As this program is finalized, we will be in touch to share how you may participate.
VISIT FLORIDA Resources
- COVID-19 FL Tourism Impacts Data Dashboard
- ListenFirst Travel Sentiment Analysis
- Webinar: COVID-19's Impact on Florida Vacation Rentals & Destination Marketing Organizations (Hosted by Key Data Dashboard and VISIT FLORIDA)
Resources for Businesses, Employers & Employees
Governor DeSantis has recommended that local authorities strongly consider canceling mass gatherings and follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. The CDC has issued recommendations for implementation of mitigation strategies in Florida, including recommendations to cancel large gatherings of more than 250 people and smaller gatherings that may bring persons together from multiple parts of the country.
Businesses affected by Executive Order 20-68 (the reduction of density and crowds in restaurants, bars, nightclubs and beaches to mitigate the spread of COVID-19) should refer to Florida’s Department of Business & Professional Management (DBPR) for more information and guidance.
Small Business Bridge Loans
On March 16, Governor Ron DeSantis activated the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The bridge loan program, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), provides short term, interest-free loans to small businesses that experienced economic injury from COVID-19.
- Bridge loan program information
- Bridge loan application
- Bridge loan program webinar recording (3/18/2020)
- Bridge loan FAQ
The Rebuild Florida Business Loan Fund
The Rebuild Florida Business Loan Fund offered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity provides eligible businesses with up to $500,000 in state and federal funds to help with long term economic recovery and rebuild following a disaster.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides eligible small businesses, agricultural cooperatives, and private nonprofit organizations with up to $2 million to help meet financial obligations and operating expenses following a disaster. Click here for more information.
Damage Assessment Survey
Governor Ron DeSantis has activated the Business Damage Assessment survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations. The survey, managed by DEO, will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin. The survey can be taken online at www.floridadisaster.biz.
Governor DeSantis has reminded Floridians that if their employment has been negatively impacted because of mitigation efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, these Floridians may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance.
FAU Hospitality and Tourism Management Online Certificate Program - Waived Costs and Fees
To assist industry professionals whose employment has been negatively impacted by COVID-19, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is now offering its Hospitality and Tourism Management online certification program free of charge. To learn more or register, click here.
Registration deadline: April 7, 2020.
Local Support Initiatives
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Toolkit
- CDC COVID-19 Resource Page
- CDC Stop the Spread of Germs Poster
- CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Poster
- Guidance from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Information from the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA)
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) COVID-19 Business Disaster Recovery Assistance
- Florida Retail Federation
- Florida Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resource Center
- CareerSource Florida
- Florida Economic Development Council