Effective Monday, May 18, restaurants and food establishments statewide may allow on-premises consumption of food and beverages so long as they adopt appropriate social distancing measures and limit their indoor occupancy to no more than 50 percent of the building’s capacity. Outdoor seating is permissible with a minimum of six feet between parties, seating parties of 10 or fewer people only and keeping bar counters closed to seating. Restaurants statewide can remain open for delivery and take-out services.
In-store retail sales establishments statewide may open storefronts if they operate at no more than 50 percent of their building occupancy and abide by the safety guidelines issued by the CDC and OSHA. For more information, click here.
Counties may seek approval to operate vacation rentals with a written request from the County Administrator and the county’s safety plan for vacation rental operations submitted to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). For more information, click here.
For additional information on Governor DeSantis' Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery (which also addresses retail businesses, museums and libraries) please visit https://www.flgov.com/covid-19. A direct link to the Governor's Executive Order is here.
For a compilation of business best practices and more tips on reopening, click here.
Important Request of Industry Partners: We strongly encourage our local destination marketing organization partners to work with their membership right now to begin tracking cancellation data and other similar data that tells the story of the economic harm our industry is currently experiencing. Gathering this data now is important and may help us speed up our recovery. Additionally, please participate in the Department of Economic Opportunity business damage assessment survey.
For information for travelers, click here.
For currently reported COVID-19 cases in Florida, click here.
VISIT FLORIDA Updates
- Welcome Centers are closed until further notice and are not accepting brochure shipments.
- VISIT FLORIDA co-ops and media have been paused
- VISIT FLORIDA press trips and events have been paused
- The VISIT FLORIDA Marketing team is currently working on a responsible recovery plan to get back in market very soon to keep Florida top of mind. As this program is finalized, we will be in touch to share how you may participate.
VISIT FLORIDA Resources
- COVID-19 FL Tourism Impacts Data Dashboard
- ListenFirst Travel Sentiment Analysis
- Webinar: COVID-19's Impact on Florida Vacation Rentals & Destination Marketing Organizations (Hosted by Key Data Dashboard and VISIT FLORIDA)
- COMING SOON: VISIT FLORIDA Recovery Programs
Resources for Businesses, Employers & Employees
Governor DeSantis has recommended that local authorities strongly consider canceling mass gatherings and follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. The CDC has issued recommendations for implementation of mitigation strategies in Florida, including recommendations to cancel large gatherings of more than 250 people and smaller gatherings that may bring persons together from multiple parts of the country.
For information related to COVID-19 business loans, please visit the Small Business Administration’s website.
Damage Assessment Survey
Governor Ron DeSantis has activated the Business Damage Assessment survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations. The survey, managed by DEO, will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin. The survey can be taken online at www.floridadisaster.biz.
Local Support Initiatives
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Toolkit
- CDC COVID-19 Resource Page
- CDC Stop the Spread of Germs Poster
- CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Poster
- Guidance from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Information from the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA)
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) COVID-19 Business Disaster Recovery Assistance
- Florida Retail Federation
- Florida Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resource Center
- CareerSource Florida
- Florida Economic Development Council
- VISIT FLORIDA Small Business Toolkit