Created by Bob and Iris Larson, past owners of a small motel in Kissimmee, Florida, the Iris D. Larson Hospitality Awards were created to recognize hospitality and tourism industry professionals and students who exemplify the qualities of selfless spirit of service and leadership in their work experience
Student Scholarship Criteria – recommendations come from Dedman School of Hospitality at Florida State University, the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Florida International University and the Rosen School of Hospitality at the University of Central Florida.
- Students must attend school full-time with 12 semester hours or the equivalent
- Students must be of junior or first semester senior status
- Students must be majoring in Hospitality Administration
- Students must show outstanding performance in their major field of study
- Students must demonstrate successful work experience in the hospitality industry
- Hospitality attitude must permeate the person’s presence and bearing
- Must serve as a role model to fellow students
Industry Service Award – recommendations come from the general manager or owner of the property where the individual is employed
- Recognizes hospitality/tourism industry professionals who exemplify the qualities of selfless spirit of service and leadership in their work experience.