Cover Your Event Insurance
Weather is what it is, we can’t change that. In truth, the probability that a meeting may be impacted by weather is very low. Nevertheless, the perception held by meeting planners is different. Their reluctance is based on a heightened sensitivity to risk associated with having an event disrupted by a hurricane. To address this perception and to minimize risk, VISIT FLORIDA has developed Cover Your Event insurance. This unique tool has been very successful over the past several years; we insure well over 100 meetings per year with an approximate economic impact of over $30 million per year.
This free program offers coverage that will reimburse a meeting in the unlikely event of a cancellation due to a named hurricane during June, July, August, September, October and November 2023. This program will pay for the room differential and extra expense for rescheduling the event. The event must be rescheduled at the same or nearest available venue in Florida within 12 months in order for coverage to apply. The premium on this insurance is at no cost to you or the organization planning the meeting. We believe that you are in the best possible position when you can refer to this program should hurricane season raise its head as an objection to closing a deal.
Supplemental Hurricane Insurance
- Sublimit per insured event of $100,000 if 100-300 contracted room nights; $150,000 if 301-500 contracted room nights; and $200,000 if over 500 contracted room nights. Available during June, July, August, September, October, and November 2023.
- There must be a hotel room block associated with the event.
- Coverage must be bound 30 days from event start date. Any existing storm, disturbance, or invest is a pre-existing circumstance and excluded at the effective date of adding an individual event.
- Loss due to named hurricanes only. Named hurricane is defined as any hurricane or named storm with hurricane development potential as defined by the National Hurricane Center in Miami. If the storm disseminates or diminishes, leading an organizer to reschedule their event, coverage is still triggered.
- Coverage will pay for room rate differential and any extra expense of rescheduling event. Examples of extra expenses are reprinting of program books, signage, banners, etc.
- Event must be rescheduled in Florida at same or nearest available venue within 12 months.
- If no rescheduled event takes place, there is no claim.
- VISIT FLORIDA will pay for all premiums.
- Events that will be covered must be submitted by VISIT FLORIDA and confirmed as being covered before coverage is considered bound.
- Offered by Tokyo Marine/Houston Casualty Co..
- Limited availability and subject to insurance carrier approval.
- Meeting move in date must be in one of the covered months: June, July, August, September, October, and November 2023.
- The organization holding the event must have a US mailing address to be eligible for event coverage.
- As of June 1, 2023
- Any applied-for coverage from here on out will be subject to a named event exclusion for that system (whether or not the storm system has developed to a named storm yet) if an application comes in for an event in the short-term that that system may impact, should the system have already been identified by the National Weather Service.
- From here on, unless applications are completed (date stamped at time of submission) 30 days or more prior to the event, coverage cannot be considered.
- Lost profits are not a covered loss.
DISCLAIMER: Coverage subject to carrier approval. Coverage additionally cannot be guaranteed if the meeting you have requested CYE insurance for is scheduled to start within forty (40) days from the date you completed your application. Furthermore, any NAMED hurricanes will be excluded from coverage if they already exist at the time of your application.
For more information on this program, please contact email@example.com. Availability for this program is limited and subject to insurance carrier approval.