VISIT FLORIDA has assembled a host of hurricane-related materials to assist tourism entities throughout Florida with providing accurate and timely information that will allow visitors to make the most informed travel planning decisions possible. We encourage you to review these materials prior to speaking with media and other key influencers. These messages and tactics provide a standard for information that encourages the Florida tourism industry to speak with a unified voice, further reinforcing Florida's consistent and transparent response to any potential crisis situation.
In the event of a hurricane, VISIT FLORIDA will be updating this page with relevant information.
Hurricane Preparedness Webinar
Crisis Communications Tips
FAQ on Travel During Hurricane Season
"Cover Your Event" Insurance
FEMA Hurricane Guidance
Get a Plan! FloridaDisaster.org
FLORIDA DISASTER FUND
The Florida Disaster Fund is the State of Florida's official private fund established to provide financial assistance to our communities as they respond to and recover from times of emergency or disaster. In partnership with public, private, and other non-governmental organizations, the Florida Disaster Fund supports response and recovery activities.
If you’re looking for ways to help Floridians, the Florida Disaster Fund deploys resources efficiently and effectively to Floridians directly impacted by Hurricane Ian. If you would like to contribute, please visit FloridaDisasterFund.org or text DISASTER to 20222.
Donations to the Florida Disaster Fund are made to the Volunteer Florida Foundation, 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and are tax-deductible.
Checks should be made payable to the Volunteer Florida Foundation and should include “Florida Disaster Fund” in the memo line.
Volunteer Florida Foundation
Attention: Florida Disaster Fund
1545 Raymond Diehl Road Suite 250
Tallahassee, FL 32308
VISIT FLORIDA encourages its industry partners to refer to the resources below for the most up to date safety information and emergency directives for a storm:
- FloridaDisaster.org for the latest on the state’s response actions
- FloridaDisaster.biz for emergency resources for businesses
- FloridaDisasterFund.org to donate to provide financial assistance to our communities
- The National Hurricane Center for current weather alerts and forecast information
- The Executive Office of the Governor for the latest state executive orders
- Follow FLSERT on Twitter for real time updates from the State’s Emergency Response Team
- Florida 511 for the latest on traffic conditions
- Alert Florida to signup for emergency alerts and other public safety notifications in your community