VISIT FLORIDA administers an Advertising Matching Grant program to publicize the tourism advantages of the State of Florida to assist local government or non-profit corporation located within boundaries of and serving a local government provided for under Section 288.017, Florida Statutes. VISIT FLORIDA grant programs are reimbursement grants and all expenditures must be paid in full prior to requesting reimbursement.
Application Period: VISIT FLORIDA is no longer accepting applications.
Applicants must be:
- Either local government or non-profit corporation, and
- Serving and located in municipalities having a population of 50,000 persons or less or in counties with an unincorporated area having a population of 200,000 persons or less as provided under Section 288.017, Florida Statutes.
Applicants may not receive an award in excess of $2,500. The total annual allocation for this program shall not to exceed $40,000. All applicants must match the amount awarded with non-state dollars. For every VISIT FLORIDA dollar in the requested program, you must provide one dollar from your organization and/or other non-state entity(ies) to put towards the program in order to meet the dollar-for-dollar match.
All project/program expenditures must be completed during the period of July 1, 2019 through June 15, 2020.
Grant funds awarded for these programs to applicants must be used for marketing purposes to promote tourism advantages of the State of Florida through advertising (print, broadcast, digital, social media or out of home), direct mail, brochure production, website development, as well as other related projects. All marketing efforts must include VISIT FLORIDA Grant Logo in compliance with logo guidelines. To review the logo guidelines, visit the Grants Toolkit at www.VISITFLORIDA.org/grants. The marketing efforts cannot include VISIT FLORIDA opportunities, i.e. Welcome Center brochure distribution, VISIT FLORIDA Co-op Programs, or VISIT FLORIDA produced publications.
No applicant may be considered or receive more than one grant per year for the same project or under the same grant program. VISIT FLORIDA grant programs are reimbursement grants and all expenditures must be paid in full prior to requesting reimbursement.
No applicant may use any other VISIT FLORIDA grant funds, for the same project or as matching funds. Dollar-for-dollar match and/or in-kind goods or services must be demonstrated. Staff salaries are not eligible towards matching funds. In-kind goods or services must be provided and documented by third party entities.
VISIT FLORIDA will reimburse expenses upon delivery of proof of expenditure and performance has been provided for the project/program. VISIT FLORIDA will not reimburse for any expenditure prior to July 1, 2019.
Applicants must demonstrate that the program will directly or indirectly contribute to the promotion of tourism advantages within the State of Florida. All Grant applications must:
- Provide proof of organization designation.
- Describe project/program/event in which grant funding is requested.
- Describe economic impact on the community.
- Detail marketing strategy, to include timeline and marketing plan.
- Include implementation plan and budget.
- Identify if program is an extension to a previous program.
- Demonstrate a need for advertising assistance. (i.e. Will this project/program happen without these grant funds?)
Additional Information: Download complete guidelines.