VISIT FLORIDA administers the Small Business Grant program to assist Small Business Partners to publicize their tourism advantages in the State of Florida. The Small Business Grant program is a reimbursement grant program.
Allocation: Each grant awarded under the program shall be limited to no more than $5,000 and must be matched by non-state dollars. This is a dollar for dollar matching grant. VISIT FLORIDA will award funds once proof of expenditure and performance has been provided for the project/program. All project/program expenditures must be completed during the fiscal year of the award and completed by June 15. VISIT FLORIDA will not reimburse any expenditure prior to the start of the fiscal year.
To receive an award under this grant program you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must qualify as a Small Business with gross revenue not exceeding $1,250,000 or be a 501(C)(3) organization under IRS guidelines; and
- Applicants must be a current VISIT FLORIDA Small Business Partner.
Grant funds should be used for marketing purposes to promote tourism advantages of the State of Florida through advertising (print, broadcast, digital, social media or out of home), direct mail, brochure production, website development, as well as other related projects/programs. Marketing efforts cannot include VISIT FLORIDA opportunities, i.e. Welcome Center brochure distribution or VISIT FLORIDA produced publications.
All marketing efforts must include the VISIT FLORIDA Grant Logo in compliance with the brand guidelines. The VISIT FLORIDA Grant Logo Guidelines can be found at www.VISITFLORIDA.org/grants in the Grants Toolkit.
No applicant may be considered for or receive more than one Small Business Grant per year.
No applicant may use any other VISIT FLORIDA grant funds, for the same project or as matching funds. Dollar-for-dollar match and/or in-kind goods or services must be demonstrated. Staff salaries are not eligible towards matching funds. In-kind goods or services must be provided by third party entities.
Submission and Selection Criteria: Applicants must demonstrate that the program will directly or indirectly contribute to the promotion of tourism advantages within the State of Florida. All Grant application submissions must:
- Provide proof of small business status
- Describe project or program in which grant funding is requested.
- Describe economic impact on the community.
- Detail marketing strategy.
- Identify if program is an extension to a previous program.
- Include implementation plan and budget
- Demonstrate a need for advertising assistance. (i.e. Will this project/program happen without these grant funds?)
Application Deadline: Applications for FY19/20 Grant Program will open Mid-December 2018.
Package Information: Please review the grant program package for complete guidelines. Download the Grant Program Guidelines.
For more information, contact us at grants@VISITFLORIDA.org.