VISIT FLORIDA wants to make sure your business receives additional support if you are experiencing the effects of Hurricane Michael. The following programs are available immediately at no cost to core tourism businesses located in the following impacted counties who are not currently participating in VISIT FLORIDA's Red Tide Marketing Recovery Program:
Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Leon, Liberty, Taylor, Wakulla, and Washington counties.
If you are a business in a county that is not listed but feel you should qualify, please email Industry Relations at partner@VISITFLORIDA.org.
Information about the Tourism Recovery Grant Program for Hurricane Michael can be found here.
Complimentary Brochure Distribution at Official Florida Welcome Centers
Available through June 30, 2019, businesses may ship a maximum of 2,000 brochures per Welcome Center for distribution. For more information and to secure your brochure placement please contact the Visitor Services Department at email@example.com.
Complimentary Lobby Booth Display at Highway Welcome Centers
Available through June 30, 2019, businesses may schedule a time to participate in the Lobby Booth Display program. For more information and to secure your lobby booth display placement please contact the Visitor Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complimentary VISIT FLORIDA Marketing Partnership
Core tourism businesses located within Florida have the opportunity to get a Small Business Marketing Partnership free of charge through June 30, 2019. With the Marketing Partnership, businesses receive an Enhanced Web Listing on VISITFLORIDA.com, the ability to submit social media posts for consideration, the ability to promote Partner-to-Partner specials and more. To submit your enrollment application, click here.
Exposure on VISIT FLORIDA's Media Website
Businesses are encouraged to submit news releases to be posted on our media website. Press releases should provide newsworthy updates for the consumer travel media and offer a story idea that is unique and compelling to your local Florida area. All news releases are subject to review and approval. Please email your information including a photo, to pr@VISITFLORIDA.org.
If you have any questions about these programs, please contact the Industry Relations team at (877) 435-2872 or email partner@VISITFLORIDA.org.
Update Your Business Listing Information
Below is some helpful contact information should you need to update your business listing and operation status on the below platforms. For those unaffected by Hurricane Michael, use your content to confirm that it's business as usual. Post current images and live video to illustrate current conditions at your business and destination.
VISIT FLORIDA: If you need assistance updating your VISITFLORIDA.com listing, please view this step-by-step guide. For questions, call the Industry Hotline at (877) 435-2872 or email partner@VISITFLORIDA.org.
Expedia: Send a note to email@example.com or reach out to your Market Manager. To quickly reach your Market Management team, contact:
- North Florida: (NW FL - Panama City, Ft. Walton, Destin + NE Florida - Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Treasure Coast) FLnorth@expedia.com
- West Florida: (Tampa, St. Pete/Clearwater, Ft Myers, Naples) TeamFlWest@expedia.com
- South Florida (Palm Beaches, Fort Lauderdale, FL Keys) FLSouth@expedia.com
- Miami - TeamMiami@expedia.com
Yelp: Toll free: (877) 767-9357
TripAdvisor: Toll free: (866) 322-5942
If you have not previously claimed your listing, follow a few simple steps by visiting TripAdvisor.com/owners. Once claimed, you can update the information for your business. The Management Center will contain contact information for customer support.
Webcams for VISIT FLORIDA Use
If you have a live-streaming webcam with a great view of Florida, submit the information for it through this form.
- Business Damage Assessment Survey: The Department of Economic Opportunity has opened the Business Damage Assessment Survey for businesses impacted by Hurricane Michael. Businesses with damage should complete the survey.
- Employment opportunities: To look for employment opportunities to help rebuild Florida’s communities after a disaster or to post disaster-related jobs where a labor force is needed, visit Florida’s Disaster Recovery Jobs Portal.
- View tips for assessing storm damage and to register to receive updates on storm recovery at FloridaDisaster.biz.
For Insurance Claims:
- CFO Jimmy Patronis' Division of Consumer Services has resources to assist consumers with the claims-filing process or file insurance complaints here.
- Florida Insurance Commissioner David Altmaier and the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) are committed to ensuring that companies assess damage from Hurricane Michael and pay claims quickly.
- Hurricane Michael claims data can be found here.
- For information on financial services providers, see below:
- Florida’s state-chartered financial institutions and their websites
- Find your bank’s contact information here.
- Find your credit union’s contact information here.
- Find your mortgage servicer’s contact information here.
- If you don’t have your mortgage servicer’s information with you, you can search the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS) or call toll-free at (888) 679-6377 to find the company that services your mortgage.