VISIT FLORIDA wants to make sure your business receives additional support if you are currently experiencing the effects of red tide. The following programs are available immediately at no cost to core tourism businesses located in the following impacted counties:
Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, Manatee, Hillsborough, Pinellas, St Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Gulf, Brevard and Indian River counties.
If you are a business in a county that is not listed but feel you should qualify, please email Industry Relations at partner@VISITFLORIDA.org.
Information about the Tourism Recovery Grant Program for Red Tide can be found here.
Complimentary Brochure Distribution at all five Official Florida Welcome Centers
Available through February 28, 2019 (April 30, 2019 for applications submitted after October 22, 2018), businesses may ship a maximum of 2,000 brochures per Welcome Center for distribution. For more information and to secure your brochure placement please contact the Visitor Services Department at email@example.com.
Complimentary Lobby Booth Display at four Highway Welcome Centers
Available through February 28, 2019 (April 30, 2019 for applications submitted after October 22, 2018), businesses may schedule a time to participate in the Lobby Booth Display program. For more information and to secure your lobby booth display placement please contact the Visitor Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complimentary VISIT FLORIDA Marketing Partnership
Core tourism businesses located within Florida have the opportunity to get a Small Business Marketing Partnership free of charge through February 28, 2019 (April 30, 2019 for applications submitted after October 22, 2018). With the Marketing Partnership, businesses receive an Enhanced Web Listing on VISITFLORIDA.com, the ability to submit social media posts for consideration, the ability to promote Partner-to-Partner specials and more. To submit your enrollment application, click here.
Exposure on VISIT FLORIDA's Media Website
Businesses are encouraged to submit news releases to be posted on our media website. Press releases should provide newsworthy updates for the consumer travel media and offer a story idea that is unique and compelling to your local Florida area. All news releases are subject to review and approval. Please email your information including a photo, to pr@VISITFLORIDA.org.
If you have any questions about these programs, please contact the Industry Relations team at (877) 435-2872 or email partner@VISITFLORIDA.org.
Update Your Business Listing Information
Below is some helpful contact information should you need to update your business listing and operation status on the below platforms. For those unaffected by red tide, use your content to confirm that it's business as usual. Post current images and live video to illustrate current conditions at your business and destination.
VISIT FLORIDA: If you need assistance updating your VISITFLORIDA.com listing, please view this step-by-step guide. For questions, call the Industry Hotline at (877) 435-2872 or email partner@VISITFLORIDA.org.
Expedia: Send a note to email@example.com or reach out to your Market Manager. To quickly reach your Market Management team, contact:
- North Florida: (NW FL - Panama City, Ft. Walton, Destin + NE Florida - Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Treasure Coast) FLnorth@expedia.com
- West Florida: (Tampa, St. Pete/Clearwater, Ft Myers, Naples) TeamFlWest@expedia.com
- South Florida (Palm Beaches, Fort Lauderdale, FL Keys) FLSouth@expedia.com
- Miami - TeamMiami@expedia.com
Yelp: Toll free: (877) 767-9357
TripAdvisor: Toll free: (866) 322-5942
If you have not previously claimed your listing, follow a few simple steps by visiting TripAdvisor.com/owners. Once claimed, you can update the information for your business. The Management Center will contain contact information for customer support.
Webcams for VISIT FLORIDA Use
If you have a live-streaming webcam with a great view of Florida, submit the information for it through this form.
- For Businesses: The state's Business Damage Assessment survey, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), has been activated. Businesses that have been affected by the algal blooms and/or red tide are encouraged to complete the survey by clicking here. Businesses should choose "Lake Okeechobee Discharge/Algal Blooms" or "Southwest Florida Red Tide" in the drop-down menu. Please note, the Business Damage Assessment Survey is the tool the state uses to determine the deployment of resources. It is not an application for a business disaster loan.
- Small Business Owners: The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program has been activated by Governor Scott as a result of red tide. Small businesses impacted by the red tide in Charlotte, Collier, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pinellas and Sarasota counties may apply for assistance through October 12, 2018. DEO administers the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program in partnership with the Florida SBDC Network to provide cash flow to businesses impacted by a disaster. The short-term, interest-free loans help bridge the gap between the time damage is incurred and when a business secures other financial resources. To complete an application by the deadline, or for more information on the program, visit www.floridadisasterloan.org. For questions regarding the Emergency Bridge Loan Program, contact the Florida Small Business Development Center Network at 850-898-3479 or email Disaster@FloridaSBDC.org. The phone line will be answered during regular business hours; all voicemails and emails will be responded to within 24 hours.